"Dreams don't work unless you do." (John Maxwell)
I have loved books and libraries since I was a young boy. I find solace and comfort staying in the library drowning in new knowledge, images, and stories. But I have never imagined, in my wildest dreams, to publish something in a book. Today marks the realization of that wildest dream -- publishing a chapter in a textbook for "Interprofessional Education" (or IPE). To God be the glory, honor, power, and praise!
First and foremost, thank you (どうもありがとうございました), Professor Nobuo Ohshima, for inviting me to be one of the contributors in this 5-volume series on Interprofessional Education Training by the Kyodo Isho Publishing (協同医書出版社). It is an honor, privilege, and joy to champion IPE through writing.
The book chapter that I wrote is entitled "Interprofessional education student network spreading all over the world" (pp. 203-216) which aims to:
(1) Describe championing interprofessional education through the students;
(2) Identify student-led interprofessional education activities around the world (6 regions based on the WHO geographical divisions);
(3) Suggest prospective roles of students in championing IPE.
The book is in the Japanese language, but for those who want to have a copy of the English text for this chapter, please feel free to message me so I can send it directly to you. Special mention has been given to my co-champions in IPE who made this chapter even more valuable and global:
1. Occupational Therapy Students Assembly, Philippines (Arden Panotes, Cy Torremaña, Diana Jane Luib, et al.)
2. Health Professional Education Quality Project, Indonesia (Fitri Arkham Fauziah, Samuel Josafat, Lhuri Dwianti Rahmartani et al.)
3. Gunma University, Japan (Takatoshi Makino, Yoshiharu Tokita et al.)
4. AfrIPEN, South Africa (Stefanus Snyman)
Cheers to the realizations of our dreams!
English Citation: Sy, M. P. (2018). Interprofessional education student network spreading all over the world. In N. Ohshima (Ed.), Interprofessional learning series / Collaborative education and practice of health, medical, and welfare professionals: [Volume 3] Introduction to interprofessional learning for beginners (pp. 203-213). Tokyo, Japan: Kyodo Isho.
For more information about this 5-Volume IPE Training Textbooks / Purchase at: http://www.kyodo-isho.co.jp/cgi-local/search.cgi?id=book&isbn=978-4-7639-0000-0